- Funny story there... a while ago, I got my hands on a Dune II CD which was released in some collection pack, and which had its files saved in some proprietary archive format. I found some info on the format and the pack on vogons.org and implemented it in the Librarian tool. Now, while digging into this CAT format, when I needed examples of v2, the Darklands iso I found online was actually the one from that very same "Gold Medal 12 CD Pack" that that Dune II was from, and thus, it had its data stored in exactly the same type of archive. So I could actually use my tool to extract the required .cat archives to test the .cat implementation in my tool :) Anyway, v1.0.4 is released, with full support for these. --Nyerguds (talk) 08:30, 5 May 2021 (GMT)
I don't know if you're still adding fonts to the Westwood Font Editor, but I've figured out most of the ESI Format, which was used in at least 15 games. It might make a good addition to your program. Unfortunately, it doesn't have much room for adding new characters, so it will only be useful in game translations if the translator is okay with sacrificing some characters. --TheAlmightyGuru (talk) 20:35, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
- Ooh. That looks interesting. I'll take a look. The page seems to be a bit lacking in describing the format of the final images, though. All it says is "monochrome" and "CGA"... so does that make it 1-bit black-white, 2-bit paletted, or somehow 2-bit grayscale?
- -Nyerguds (talk) 01:41, 18 December 2020 (UTC)
- Ah, judging from the code, it seems to be 1-bit. All right, I'm on it.
- -Nyerguds (talk) 12:10, 19 December 2020 (UTC)
Hey just a heads up I see a lot of your edits are marked as minor when you're changing the actual content of the page. Flagging an edit as minor is only meant for when the content isn't changed in a meaningful way, e.g. you are fixing a typo or tweaking the formatting. Whenever actual content changes (including rewording) it's never considered a minor edit! -- Malvineous (talk) 06:40, 6 February 2021 (GMT)
- I know; it's marked as minor by default, and a few times I forgot to uncheck it when making major edits. I do try to keep it in mind, though. -Nyerguds (talk) 13:39, 7 February 2021 (GMT)
- If you go into your preferences under the 'Editing' tab, you can switch off the option to mark the edits as minor by default if that makes it easier. -- Malvineous (talk) 00:52, 27 June 2021 (GMT)